Discover NIVO pedestals range dedicated to deck installation on joists. Use our adjustable pedestals compatible with any types of wooden joists, aluminum joists.
Pedestals for joist
- Height adjustable pedestal from 25 (9-7/8 in) till 530mm (20-7/8 in). Pedestals must be installed on a stable ground (sealing, concrete, sand …). To prevent vegetation growth under the deck, it is required to install weed control.
- NIVO pedestals’ heads for joists have an L shape to support any type of joists. A lateral notch has been made to fix the joist on the pedestal.
- You need approximately 3-5 pedestals per square meters (10 square feet)
- To know the exact number of pedestals needed for your deck, use our online calculator.
- Our pedestals comply with DTU 43 and 51-4. The maximum weight per pedestal is 50kg (1100lb)
How to use pedestals for joist
The benefits of our pedestals for joists:
- The reinforced top of the pedestal can support any type of joist (height and width) and a lateral notch has been made to insert the screw that fixes the joist on the pedestal.
- The water drainage is made through the holes located above the pedestal.
- The pedestal’s base (Ø20cm (7’7/2 in) = 314cm² (0,34 sq ft)) is large enough to avoid the deck to dip into the ground
- A rotary screw system allows adjusting precisely the structure level
- The screw diameter is one of the largest of the market. Thus, it allows a perfect stability of the pedestal.
- A height-extension system of 6cm can be inserted between the pedestal’s base and support.
- The quality of the materials used guarantee a weather and UV radiation resistance, and a remarkable stability
- NIVO pedestals resist to a weight of 1000kg and comply with DTU 43.1 (PEP laboratory testing result and request)
To make the installation easier, a special packaging has been made:
- The pedestals are packaged in bags of 40 or 60 pcs
- On the base and above each pedestal, the minimal and maximum height is indicated
Benefits of NIVO pedestals
With its rotary screw system, NIVO pedestal allows an easy installation.
Adjusting a deck level has never been so easy!
By using NIVO pedestals you will save a considerable time during the deck installation
The adjustment by jack allows an exact fitting
The concept is very simple; our pedestals are height adjustable through a simple system of rotating screw. Turn until you reach the desired height.
Each NIVO pedestals can support a maximum weight of 1000kg.
The quality of the material used guarantee a weather and UV radiation resistance, and a remarkable stability